Renato Marcos Endrizzi Sabbatini
|Born||20 February 1947|
Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil
|Awards||Prêmio José Reis de Divulgação Científica|
|Doctoral advisor||Maria Carmela Lico|
Renato Marcos Endrizzi Sabbatini (born 20 February 1947, Campinas) is a retired professor at the Department of Biomedical Engineering and at the State University of Campinas Institute of Biology. He received a B.Sc. in Biomedical Sciences from Medical School of the University of São Paulo and a doctorate in behavioral neuroscience in 1977, followed by postdoctoral work at the Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry's Primate Behavior Department. He founded the Center for Biomedical Informatics, and helped create the Brazilian Society for Health Informatics.
Sabbatini received the 1992 Prêmio José Reis de Divulgação Científica award for popular science writing, and was named one of Info Exame Magazine's "50 Champions of Innovation" for 2007. He is currently president of the Edumed Institute for Education in Medicine and Health, a "not-for-profit educational, research and development institution."
Professor Sabbatini is a Fellow Elect (Inaugural Class) of the International Academy of Health Sciences Informatics, established by the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA), and a Fellow Elect of the American College of Medical Informatics, established by the American Medical Informatics Association.
- Sabbatini, R.M.E.: A multilayered neural network for processing 2D tomographic images in neurosurgery. Proceed. Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference, IEEE, 1992
- Ortiz J., Ghefter C.G., Silva C.E., Sabbatini R.M.E.: One-year mortality prognosis in heart failure: a neural network approach based on echocardiographic data. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1995 Dec;26(7):1586–93. PMID 7594090
- Sabbatini, R.M.E.; Cardoso, S.H.: The Virtual Hospital, Electronic Publications and the Visible Human: New Paradigms for Health Education. Proceed. Regional Conference on Health Information Systems, p. 128–137, São Paulo, BIREME, 1996. (In Portuguese)
- Sabbatini, R.M.E.: Using neural networks for processing biologic signals. MD Comput. 1996 Mar–Apr;13(2):165–172. PMID 8684280
- Da Costa, C.G.A. & Sabbatini, R.M.E.: A Survey of Software Engineering Practices in the Development of Electronic Patient Record Systems. Proceed. AMIA Annu. Meet.
- Cardoso, S.H.; Sabbatini, R.M.E.: "Brain & Mind" Magazine: An On-Line Multimedia Resource for Dissemination and Evaluation of Knowledge in Neuroscience. Proceed. AMIA Annu. Meet. (In PDF)
- Carvalho, P.M.; Sabbatini, R.M.E. Integrating the Teaching of Informatics to Medical Students in a Problem-Based Learning Undergraduate Course. Proceed. AMIA Annu. Meet.
- Botelho, M.L.; Araújo, L.; Sabbatini, R.M.E.: A Neural-Network Based System on the World Wide Web for Prognosis and Indication of Surgery in Head and Brain Trauma. Proceed. AMIA Annu. Meet., 1997 (In PDF)
- Quaresma, R.P.; Sabbatini, R.M.E.; Cardoso, S.H.; Ortale, J.R.: Adding Java and CGI Functionality to an On-Line Atlas of Anatomy for Medical Education. Proceed. AMIA Annu. Meet., 1997 (In PDF)
- Palombo, C.R. Maccari-Filho, M.; Sabbatini, R.M.E. and Halstead, C.L.: The Virtual Dental Center: Resource for Research and Education on the WWW. Proceed. AMIA Annu. Meet., 1997 (In PDF)
- Sabbatini, R.M.E.; Cardoso, S.H.: Interdisciplinarity and the Neurosciences. Interdisciplinary Science Reviews, 27(4) Dec 2002, pp. 303–311.
- Sabbatini, R.M.E.; Cardoso, S.H.: Internet-2 Based Tele/Videoconferencing for Distance Medical Education: The EduMed. Net Project. AMIA Annual Meeting
- Cardoso, S.H.; Sabbatini, R.M.E.: On-line Resources for a WWW-based Continued Education Curriculum on Behavioral Neurobiology. AMIA Annual Meeting (in PDF).
- Sabbatini, R.M.E.: The Brazilian Virtual Hospital. A Case in e-Health. In: Knight, P. et al.: e-Democracy in Brazil. Rio de Janeiro: Pearson Educational, 2003. (In Portuguese).
- Sabbatini, R.M.E. & Cardoso, S.H.: A Distance Interactive Course on the History of Neuroscience. Abstr. Annu. Meet. Soc. Neurosci. (SFN 2003), New Orleans, LA, USA, Nov. 2003.
- Lopes da Silva, J.V.; Santa Bárbara, A.; Cardoso, S.H.; Sabbatini, R.M.E. and Coimbra, N.C.: Construction of 3D Anatomical Models in Polymer Using Selective Laser Sintering – A New Method for Teaching Human Anatomy, Proc. VIII International Conference on Nursing Informatics. Rio de Janeiro, June 2003.
- Sabbatini, R.M.E. Internet Health Applications in Brazil. In: Sosa-Iudicissa, M. et al. (Eds). Internet, Telematics and Health. IOP Press, 1997. Excerpt at Google Books
- Sabbatini, R.M.E. – Applications of connectionist systems in Biomedicine. In: Lun, K.C.; Degoulet, P. & Piemme, T. (Eds.) – Proceed. 7th World Congress on Medical Informatics (MEDINFO 92). p. 418–425, 1992.
- Sabbatini RM. A head-mounted stereotaxic platform with movable electrodes for intracerebral exploration. Braz J Med Biol Res. 1982 Apr;15(1):65–71. PMID 6758889
- "Renato M.E. Sabbatini, PhD Home Page". Sabbatini.com. 2010-05-22. Archived from the original on 2013-08-15. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- Marin, H.F. Informática em Saúde no Brasil. 2008 Conference of IMIA-LAC, International Medical Informatics Association Federation for Latin America and the Caribbean. Argentinian Association of Medical Informatics, Buenos Aires, 2008 (in Portuguese)[dead link]
- "Official List of Awardees, José Reis Award, CNPq" (in Portuguese). Memoria.cnpq.br. Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- ""50 Champions of Innovation" of 2007". Info.abril.com.br. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- Edumed Institute website Archived 2010-10-12 at the Wayback Machine
- "Fellows of the International Academy of Health Sciences Informatics". 18 September 2018.
- "Fellows of ACMI". AMIA – American Medical Informatics Association.
- Personal website (In English and Portuguese)